Users are required to abide by our rules and regulations.
Rules and Regulations
- Users must abide by the Professional Conduct Policy 2017 [PDF].
- Users are responsible for all materials issued on their library cards. There are fines for overdue items (see below for more details).
- Journals and reference books cannot be borrowed.
- Eating is forbidden in all parts of the Library and Computer Rooms. Lidded drinks are permitted.
- Silent use of mobile phones ONLY in the Library and Computer Rooms.
- Users are required to maintain an appropriate standard of behaviour. There should be no talking in areas designated 'Silent Study'.
- Users must comply with requirements of the Copyright Regulations together with the University's agreement with the Copyright Licensing Agency.
- Users must comply with the University's policy statement concerning the use of computing facilities.
- Users must comply with the Computer Misuse Act 1990 and the JANET Acceptable Use Policy.
- Users who do not comply with the above Rules and Regulations may be asked to leave the Library and may be liable to a further penalty.
- Use of the Library is at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Fines are charged at the following rates:
10p per day (maximum £10.00 per item)
20p per day (maximum £10.00 per item)
Fines can only be paid on books that have been returned or renewed.
Accounts are automatically BLOCKED when fines total more than £10.00. At this point, overdue items must be returned and fines reduced to under £10.00 before any further items can be borrowed or renewed.
Please note that items can be renewed up to 10 times, either online or over the phone, but only if they have not been reserved by another user.
If users wish to dispute a fine or claim extenuating circumstances they should fill in an APPEALS form, available from the Library Helpdesk. Each appeal will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Last Updated: Monday, 03 April 2017 13:04